Women of Excellence was created to honor, extend and advance the legacy of Xavier's and Edgecliff's extraordinary women graduates, as well as provide opportunities for women to grow as organizational and philanthropic leaders for the University.
Women of Excellence Grants
Xavier's Women of Excellence formed a giving circle to allow women to collectively support Xavier and encourage the development of women as philanthropic leaders. Giving circle members are alums, parents and friends who recognize that women as donors have the capability of making a tremendous impact on the University, its students, faculty and staff.
Funds from the giving circle are distributed through a grant application process to projects and programs proposed by faculty, staff and student groups of Xavier. The annual distribution of funds to selected campus programs is determined through a voting process by Giving Circle members.
Women of Excellence exemplifies the true meaning of Together. For Others. The dreams and unique ideas of students, faculty and staff are able to come to life because of the impact a collective group of donors can make. Now more than ever we need your support to make these dreams a reality.
Shannon Cassidy-Cox, Executive Director for Women of Excellence.
2020 WOX Grants
Awarded $80,000 in our 2021 Grant Year:
- Flor de Toloache – What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- Globally Connected - Building a Sustainable COIL Infrastructure
- Student Success - Supporting Womxn Leaders of Color at Xavier
- Summer Service Internship Program
- SWAG - Peer Education Program Xcel
- Antonio Johnson Scholarship Runner Up Award
- Women of Excellence Endowed Scholarship